David Parr House’s vision as a new and independent charity is to preserve, share and sustain the house for future generations to enjoy, in the following ways:
- To preserve the house and its hidden history.
- To discover, research and interpret the themes that arise from the house, its occupants and material culture in diverse ways.
- To be innovative and thoughtful in developing ideas appropriate to the house and its legacy.
- To open up the story of the house to as wide an audience as possible.
- To engage the community in interpreting the historic themes that emerge from the house to ones that are relevant to them in the 21st century.
- To inspire interest, creativity and excellence in the beauty of making.
- To create ways to sustain the house in the long term.
- To raise the necessary finances to achieve the above, and ensure the house remains a place that is open to the public.
- To advance the education of the public on the subject on the life and works of David Parr; a craftsman, artist and painter.
- To advance, in such ways as the charity Trustees see fit, the arts, culture and heritage as reflected in the David Parr House.
- Such other charitable purposes as the charity Trustees in their absolute discretion shall see fit.