186 was the home of David Parr; he bought the house in 1886 and lived there until his death in 1927.
By day he worked as an ‘artist painter’ for the Cambridge-based decorative firm F R Leach & Sons. By night, often working in candlelight, he decorated the walls and surfaces of his ordinary terraced house to create an extraordinary painted interior.
The David Parr House is working to preserve, understand, research and honour his legacy.
In May 2017, DPH was delighted to be awarded a second Heritage Lottery Fund grant. The HLF grant will match £1 for £1 any money raised over the next four years. We hope to secure £500k which, together with the matched funding, will give the house a £1m endowment and secure its long term future. Read more about the project here